The Laser Committee covers:
- Training members in the safe, effective use of the Lasers
- Care and maintenance of the lasers (The Epilog Fusion, Zing and Thunder Novas)
- Consumables of the lasers (Lenses, Mirrors, Laser Tubes, Supplies, etc)
- Maintenance of the laser computers in cooperation with Infrastructure
- The list of acceptable materials for use with the laser cutter. Ask if questionable.
- Promotion of interest in laser technology.
Welcome to the World of DMS Lasering!
Congratulations on finding our Source page, the official record of the committee and chock full of useful information for members. Makers are always learning, so there will be changes as the Laser Committee becomes more knowledgeable about operation and maintenance.
Frequent changes makes it difficult for you, our members, to stay up to date. Fortunately, technology makes it easy. Simply Watch this page to receive change notices by email.
Help govern the area by joining the Laser Committee, there's always room for more people.
Check the calendar for meeting times or find us online. Most meetings are followed up by a brief maintenance day and are a great opportunity to learn more about the lasers.
Chris Vrana (Chair)
Jonathan Smith (Vice Chair)
Dallas Makerspace Calendar - Laser
Events and Classes avaliable at the Dallas Makerspace - Subjects: Laser
Epilog Laser Basics
This class will certify you to use the Epilog Fusion rotary attachment. A tumbler will be provided. If time permits, I'll be happy to help you engrave additional items after class.
PRINTMAKING TECHNIQUES - printing fabric patches with laser engraved blocks
learn how to:
Recent space activity